Education System CANADA
Education in Canada is under the complete jurisdiction of the provinces and territories and as such, there is no Federal (Central) education system in Canada. In accordance with the national commitment to education, public education in Canada is free up to and including high school (Std 12), in all territories. At the post-secondary level, institutions are divided into community colleges and universities. A significant number of university graduates attend college at the end of their degrees to acquire vocational skills for employment.
Types Of Certification
- Certificate: Is a qualification awarded upon successful completion of a program which is usually one year in length.
- Diploma: Is a qualification awarded on the basis of one or two years of successful study.
- Advanced Diploma: Is a 3 years program some of which may lead to a Bachelors Degree.
- Bachelor’s Degrees Are awarded by Universities/University Colleges/ Community Colleges after four years of full-time study and lead to graduate level studies.
- PostGraduate Diplomas/Certificates: It leads to a Master degree. These programs have a working time which provides opportunities for full-time practical experience and theoretical studies. A typical co-op term lasts 12 to 17 weeks. The prerequisites for participating in these programs are a Bachelors Degree of 3 or 4 years duration.
- Masters Degree: Is an option for Bachelors Degree.Graduates who have an interest in further learning and research and for those who want to expand their career opportunities. It is a 2 yrs duration and can be pursued after 4 yrs Bachelor degree or 3yrs Bachelor Degree; a 1year Post Graduate Diploma from Canada.
- Doctorate or PhD : Is a degree ranking above the Masters Degree and generally requires four to seven years to complete.
Post Secondary Education Is Offered By Four Types Of Educational Institutions
- Technical/Career Colleges: These are privately owned and operated with the main objective of preparing students for the job market after a short period of instruction. The emphasis at career colleges is on practical skills over a broad range of programmers.
- Community Colleges;Technical Institutes: They generally have more career oriented, training related to practice/technique, off-campus course offerings, a greater ratio of laboratory space to class room space, and an interactive teaching style.
- University Colleges: As a component of the Canadian University system, University Colleges provides students a choice of either academic oriented university degree programmer or the more practical-oriented college diplomas and certificates.
- Universities: Canadian universities are largely public funded therefore, offer a consistent high quality education to lower tuition rates for international students than their counterparts in competing countries. They offer a wide range of courses and degrees from undergraduate to doctorate and professional degrees and certificate also. Class sizes in universities are usually large.
Why To Study In Canada?
Canada is a place of great importance to learning, and developed a first-rate education system with high standards. The country spends more on education (as a percentage of gross national product) relative to the Organization for Economic and Co-operation and Development (OECD), and is the highest among the G7 countries.
Canadian students consistently rank among the best in the world on international tests of reading, science and mathematics like OECD’s Program me for International Student Assessment. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is recognized globally as being equivalent to those countries such as United States and the Commonwealth. Many highly respected leaders in business, government and academic circles around the world have received part of their education – language studies/academic – in Canada.
English Language Requirements For Studying In Canada Universities Is
|IELTS 3.0 (minimum bands = 3.5) or TOEFL 32 IBT or equivalent on our English test||
3 semesters of English preparation
|IELTS 4.0 or TOEFL 41 IBT or equivalent on our English test||
2 semesters of English preparation
|IELTS 4.5 (minimum bands = 4.0) or TOEFL 52 iBT or equivalent on our English test||
1 semester of English preparation
|IELTS 5.5 (minimum bands = 5.0) or TOEFL 68 IBT (no minimum subsections) or equivalent on our English test||Year 1 of bachelor’s degree||1-semester Pre-Master’s|
|IELTS 6.5 (minimum bands = 6.0) or TOEFL 88 IBT (minimum subsections = 20)||Year 3 of bachelor’s degree||Master’s program|
- At least 2 years of relevant full-time work experience
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or acceptable alternative**
- Minimum grade: 75% / 3.0 Grade Point Average or the equivalent for the academic system in your country**
- GMAT/GRE scores are not required